1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denise from australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by denise, Aug 17, 2014.

1. denise

denise Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 daihatsu copen
    Hi everyone .I have only owned my Copen for three months and I love it.... It is 2005 model and is RED .. I am missing a owners manual and the black panel behind the headrests ,, does anyone know where I can get one please .. Love to speak to anyone who speaks english...Denise

2. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    Hi Denise - if you click on "Directory" up the top of the page you'll see a PDF version of the UK owners manual you can download - it's close to identical to my Aussie one.

Which black panel behind the head rests are you referring to ?

the rear parcel shelf when the roof is up - or the rear tonneau to put over the gap when the roof is folded or ?

There's a few wreckers in Australia (they often pop up if you search for Copen on ebay) - and you can get a lot of parts (new and second hand) from Yahoo Japan (their equivalent of Ebay) - but you'll need to buy through one of the buying services that lets overseas buyers buy from there - it's no major hassle.

cheers
    grunt

3. denise

denise Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 daihatsu copen
    Thanks Grunt I refer to the space behind the seats when the roof is down .. Mine is down all the time now because it is not working so I am hoping to find a toneau cover

4. scooty

scooty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hi Denise,

first of all congrats to your Copen!
    :)
    Well, ususally I speak German, but stll hope it's OK to reply?
    :D:D;);)

For the tonneau cover: From time to time some are offered on eBay (especially UK) or Yahoo auctions Japan, I do not assume there are a lot of Copens being scrapped in Australia, so besides buying new these are the few options.

But please do read this thread about rettrofitting tonneau covers (click me) in case your Copen did not come with a tonneau cover originally, there you also find the part numbers for buying a new one.

Wish you a good time with your Copen,
    Andreas

5. denise

denise Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 daihatsu copen
    my DINKY 2

Thanks I shall do that There were only approximate 120 that came to Australia according to my research so not many have been wrecked for parts and They are not imported here since 2008 that I can see so most are hidden in the cities.
    I found mine at a car yard for sale and loved it and paid what I thought was a good price as it only had done 44,000 km but had been in what I was told a small accident. I dont know if it was sold with a toneau cover originally but will certainly chase one with your info. I will be going to Europe next year so may have better luck while I am there. I am not sure yet why my roof is not working and will have to pay someone to investigate for me. I will probably begin with an auto electrician. I love my car and want to fix it There is also another one for sale near me -- i am tempted Cheers Denise

6. Cayuga Duck

Cayuga Duck Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen,Holden rodeo ute, Kia Sportage, Kawasaki ZZZ1100
    Hi.try Suziautocare Holden Hill Adelaide. He has 1 for sale.Check Ebay au for Copen door handle, that is him.He's the guy who is wrecking a red one and has lots of bits. Good to see another fellow Australian on here.

7. Gwyn

Gwyn Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    i10
    Sorry to butt in - but how would I know whether or not mine came with a tonneau cover? I have located one in the UK for sale as my 0.66 Roadster doesn't currently have one. Would I need to purchase anything in addition to enable the fixing? I just love this site - learning so much. Thanks in advance!!!

8. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    you should have hooks in the boot plus a shelf there to hold the cover when in it's case.
    think it was only the vivid model that came with it.
    never used mine ever personally - didn't see the point.

9. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen