1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debadging

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by tyke, Feb 27, 2016.

1. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen imported to Thailand from Japan
    On the rear of my newly acquired 2004 Copen there is only the Daihatsu name badge, not the Copen badge. I don't know if it ever had the Copen badge or it has been removed ?

Anyways I would like to remove the Daihatsu badge, is it stuck on are are there holes in the body that it clips into ?

You can just about see it on this existing photo I have,

Thanks.

IMG_6341.JPG

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    No holes, it is really easy to remove. Just heat it gently with a hair drier (being careful of the paint) you may not need this in a warm country - and then use dental floss to carefully work your way under the badge. It is only glued on so once the badge is off remove the glue by washing and wax it to protect.

It's a really easy job.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    I dont think that is standard ,mine never had that badge.Yes as above heat gently first then fishing line or dental floss behind to remove it.

4. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen imported to Thailand from Japan
    OK, thanks both. I wasn't sure if standard as there is an identical new one in a packet in the glove compartment. I asked the seller why and he said because difficult to find.

5. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V

Clare, just curious as to what you're hoarding that needs a drier. Mushrooms? Fish? Old soggy PE kit? ;):D:rofl:

6. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Sorry, my iPad likes to correct my spelling to something completely different! I hate predictive text :banghead:

Although with two teenage boys - it's probably soggy PE kit :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've changed it now - just in case people think Old Badger has gone mad!

7. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    after using the floss there may be some adhesive left on the car; it may help to use a solvent to help remove it (petrol, alcohol, etc)