1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu Parts in UK

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Small-but-Mighty, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Small-but-Mighty

Small-but-Mighty Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi, my Copen is going in the garage on Monday, one of the rear wheel arch ledges is quite rusty. I’ve read lots of threads on here and think replacement is probably best. Could anyone tell me if we can still get new panels for them from Daihatsu ? Thanks.

2. YAK

YAK Copenworld Newbie

Have a look on the Facebook Diahatsu Copen U.K.
    page and look for John Britton he has helped many Copen owners

Small-but-Mighty likes this.
  3. Small-but-Mighty

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Thanks I will !

4. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    It is possible to get new panels but they will be made to order and shipped from japan. I did this a couple years ago (2020) I ordered them through Hepworth Motor Co, an ex Daihatsu car dealer that still does servicing and parts ordering for them. Very recently I got new cylinder head bolts through them as well (those were in stock in the uk)

Drivers side 60161-97201-000 £320.95 + vat
    Left 60162-97201-000 £320.95 + vat
    *2020 prices

Edit: heres a pdf with lots of body panels and part numbers (its in Japanese but the diagrams should be easy enough to understand)
    https://mthill.com/copen/copen.pdf

sunlover and Small-but-Mighty like this.
  5. Shahram Azimi Nobar

Shahram Azimi Nobar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3L
    Hi Afron1, do you happen to know the part numbers of the L880 similar to the L881? I'm desperately looking for the 2007 model 1.3L, and it seems it's mission impossible to find. I have contacted a supplier in Japan IMPEX JAPAN — online new genuine spare parts shop, and they said the 1.3L is only manufactured for the EU market and has never been sold in Japan. For that reason, he couldn't help me further.

6. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    I'm pretty sure the exterior body panels are identical between the 660 and 1.3l, but in case they aren't you can order parts from an ex-dealer, although they wont tell you the part number (the packaging should have a part number on it so we can get them that way lol) and they may not be the cheapest option, but at the very least you should be able to get something from them.

I usually go with Hepworth Motor Co but there are others. Check Daihatsu to find dealers near you, but be careful as some of these places may no longer exist so I would check the website/give a call for each dealer to see if they still can order parts for you.

7. Shahram Azimi Nobar

Shahram Azimi Nobar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3L
    The ex-dealers are certainly not the cheapest. I went to an ex-dealer in Greater London (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) for maintenance, and the bill was shocking. For example, the ex-dealer charged me 56.17 pounds for the engine air filter and 63 pounds for the labour, even though it's only 2 minutes of work. I still had to pay VAT on top of that crazy amount.

8. Small-but-Mighty

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Thank you, I was just at Hepworths to get a quote for bodywork repair. I’ll see what they say and ask about a panel.