1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple Of Questions

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by bathtowel23, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bathtowel23

bathtowel23 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen And Honda Civic Type S GT
    Hi i was just wondering is there a certain size of double din radio that fits the copen or do all. and does anybody know where i can get a new wind deflector my copen is in need of a new 1 as its badly scratched.im in the process just now of getting the car vinyl wrapped white and she wheels sprayed black i recently got a full stainless steel exhaust fitted aswel.sound awesome :D

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Wind deflector options
    1. Go to a dealer to buy a replacement.
    2. There was a set of three different coloured deflectors that were on eBay. Can't find them now though.
    3. A guy on the German Copen forum will laser cut a new one for you. Benefit is he can also laser etch a picture on for you. Just send an image file. I bought one from him with the Copen logo on. Was just over £40.
    4. Have you tried a plastic polish to remove the scratches? Meguiars offer one.
    5. There's a wind deflector on Yahoo auctions that has led's in that lights up. It has the Copen logo on it.

3. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    All double dins should fit. The only point to be aware of is the depth. Some will stick out further than others. You will be very lucky to find one that fits flush.

4. bathtowel23

Car(s):
    thanks guys.do you know the depth size by any chance and do u know the link to the guy in germany who can laser etch 1 thanks

5. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Sending you a PM.

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sorry I don't know the depth without taking my unit out!

There is a bar that passes behind fitted unit and it is this that limits the depth.

As well ad depth of the new unit, you also must take into account where the plug connections to the back of the new unit will be.
    I suggest you take the existing unit out and have a look for yourself before purchasing. Look on the 'features' tab for a guide.

Some units stick out by up to 12mm. Mine (Pioneer) is about 7mm. Personally, I do not see this a problem, but some may.

On the positive side, a new unit is very easy to mount using the standard supplied brackets.

Rex.

7. bathtowel23

Car(s):
    Thanks rex for the help wen I bought the car it came with a Kenwood so just gonny need to try my luck I think gonny go for a double din touch screen

8. Ashley

Ashley Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Merc estate
    RAV4 3-Door
    Before going the expensive route - you do know that good old Brasso is an excellent plastic polish, don't you?

Depending on the depth of the scratches, they should polish out. If they're deeper then try sanding over with very fine (600 or 1200 grit) wet and dry paper, then polish with Brasso - I did that on a watch glass years ago and it came up smooth as glass and very clear. I also brasso'd the plastic headlamp protectors on my pick-up before selling it and they came up like new.

Of course you should try it out on a piece of scrap perspex first - but if you're sure that your only option is to buy a new one, then this is one to try out before spending £40...

I'd like to make it clear that I don't work for Brasso - and I'm getting no commission ;)

9. bathtowel23

Car(s):
    ha thanks ashley will give it a try