Copen Vivid tonneau cover.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thewiltshirehardys, May 18, 2013.

1. thewiltshirehardys

thewiltshirehardys Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    mrs. 2004 copen vivid
    mr.. 1959 morris minor
    We have just adopted a rather cheeky little red copen and it comes with a cover that resides in a bracket up and under in the boot.
    My question is, do I have to remove it from this position before opening the roof.
    I don't always want to fit it when I have a quick top off dash.

Thanking you in aaannntttiiiiiccccc,,, ipation.
    rob

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Yep you need to get the tonneau out of the boot before you lower the roof. To fit it you need to open the boot once the roof is down. There are fitting instructions in the owners handbook (section 2-19 to 2-22).
    I only fit it if I'm on a long drive.

3. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

anyone know if it is hard to set up? ive never taken mine out to use - it just sits in the bracket there. always just put the roof down and drive off - but i was wondering, if it is put on, how long it takes to get it off, if the weather turned back and started raining?

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    It take's about 2 minutes to fit, same again to get it back in the boot. If it was chucking it down you could remove it quicker & just shove it in the foot well.

5. thewiltshirehardys

thewiltshirehardys Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    mrs. 2004 copen vivid
    mr.. 1959 morris minor
    I have used it. It's simple but fussy. So it seems we hav a difference of opinion as to wether it needs to be removed.
    Any other opinions?

6. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I sense a challenge coming on... F1 pit stop stylie...
    Probably only worth it for the longer journey/day out scenario but should the Great British weather turn then it is only a case of;
    1) pop the boot on your way out
    2) flick the four metal latches
    3) lift off cover
    4) pop up roof
    5) stay in dry car with cover in passenger seat for the ride or throw into the boot until you get to your destination
    I'd say it's less than a minute in addition to putting the roof up without it on, there's the challenge ;) although I accept if you include packing it away in the case and carriage hooks then it is a little longer... 2-3 mins is realistic then.
    Main benefit is that it prevents dirt and debris getting into the boot cavity which is otherwise left open to this on a journey, well worth it and looks great!
    We love ours :D

7. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

wow thats fast! about a minute seems really quick. could it just be for looks though? since it doesnt seem to be needed for anything else. In Australia, the roof can be down around 80% of the year where i live, and in 10 years of owning the Copen from new, never thought about using it, but might try this weekend!!
    The sudden down-pours we get where i live can come on suddenly, and 1 minute would really soak you to the skin!