Copen to buy

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by stanny, Mar 4, 2014.

1. stanny

stanny Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mitshibushi colt
    Hi iam a Newby to this site I am looking at buying a copen for the Mrs. It's probably going to be 700 cc turbo. I have seen a few but some don't have service history so not fond of this. Willing to travel about 80 miles from Yorkshire. It has to have the red seats heated and no more than 50 thousand miles. I am looking at 2700 upto 3500. What do you guys think? It's not until recently that I started to like these cars I saw one at the harrogate classic car show then I loved the quirky look of them.

2. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    The quest begins

Helly Stanny, a few hours browsing through Copenworld will give lots of advice as well as showing you the immense delight that these cars give to their owners, and hopefully a few Copenites will help you out too. The comment I'd like to make though is, if you can, be prepared to travel a bit further to find the right one - I initially looked at one 10 miles away and then one at 15 miles, neither were quite right (both were a bit shabby) Then I travelled oop north about 100 miles to see two located within a couple of miles of each other and found one to be very tatty and rough sounding and the other immaculate (even the the photos on autotrader for these two would have suggested the complete opposite!), my friend who came along with me bought the immaculate one (long story) A few weeks later I then looked at one 200 miles away which ticked all the boxes and I bought it there and then :)
    The thing is, they are quite rare beasts so it really is worth the haul to find the one with your name on :cool:

3. stanny

stanny Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mitshibushi colt
    Thanks for that your right it is a rare beast so to go afar to get the right one is the best option. The trouble I am having is not telling my wife and to get one parked on the drive the next morning she wakes up. But that means going to see them on my own. Ie possibly getting the train etc and bringing it back but ha ho. There lots out there that look good on the pics but yeah I need to take my time and go see some.

4. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    yep agree with YMaj - also be prepared to wait for the right one for you, i wish i could have waited longer but I needed a car pronto

5. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    I bought one for as a surprise too. Had to catch a train to collect it 2 hours away. I had viewed 2 with a friend by car & the first one I saw was really tatty with high mileage. Got really worried after that first viewing that I wouldn't find a good one as it looked mint in the photos.

But the 2nd one was well cared for & was the one I bought so it's worthwhile to travel further afield.

Just come up with a good cover story so your Mrs doesn't think you're having an affair :D

6. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    i did that. looked local and didnt click. Ended up getting train from Scotland to London and driving one back the same day.

7. stanny

stanny Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mitshibushi colt
    Thanks guys you are all right. Anyways onwards and upwards wether that's north or south for the right car