1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen roof

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr Michael J Potter, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Mr Michael J Potter

Mr Michael J Potter Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 54 plate
    Can anyone help just got a 54 plate copen car drives like a dream and makes me smile but roof/Boot not working there is no noise or warning lights when move switch I have no handbook is there anything I am doing wrong many thanks

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    The hand brake must be on for it to work and the luggage separator needs to be in place.

3. welz

welz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen 2003
    and with engine on..your batterie likes it.:)

4. Mr Michael J Potter

Car(s):
    Copen 54 plate
    When you open the door the interior light does not work put it in the middle light stays on with the door shut open door and push the switch still on I take it roof will not work if it thinks the doors open

5. NigelP

NigelP Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    08 Copen 1.3
    Hi Michael,
    If you put the light switch to the middle position there is a delay of about 15 seconds before the interior light goes out. Have you waited long enough before assuming that there is a fault?
    To operate the roof you must ensure the following:
    1. The vehicle is stationary and the parking brake is applied.
    2. The partition in the boot is pulled across and placed in the slots.
    3. The boot lid is closed.
    4. The 2 clips on either side of the roof are fully undone.
    5. It is also best for the engine to be running to save your battery.
    It is necessary to hold the roof open/close switch until the roof is fully open - there is a little 'beep' tell you that the operation is complete. The reverse applies on closing. If you let the switch go the roof will simply stop in that position - not recommended unless necessary for work on the roof mechanism,

When you have been signed up to Copenworld for 7 days you should be able to download the owner's manual and the service manual.
    Hope this helps.

6. Mr Michael J Potter

Car(s):
    Copen 54 plate
    So the interior light does not affect the roof opening I take it have tried new fuse done all the steps but still no joy plus I have to manually open the boot very little water inside took two minutes to dry out spoke to the previous owner who said it just stopped one day and just left it roof not worked for over 8 months

7. TONY LAWRENCE

TONY LAWRENCE Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Michael. I am in exactly the same situation as you, think l have tried all the basics but joy. I will watch you posts with interest and if l find anything that may help l will advise.