1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen Roof & Boot Not Working

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Lekky, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Lekky

Lekky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc
    Hello all,
    I'm trying to find out what the problem is with my wife's Copen - Roof and Boot won't open. I've looked at the previous threads and tried the manual boot opening, check side pins, etc. The method mentioned to check the faults is an issue though as access to get the ECU and bridge terminal 4 and 13 is difficult. Would be ok if I was 3ft tall to get at the fixings but I'm not.
    The console Roof light is permanently on and solid amber (ajar?). The only thing that's been done since it was last taken out was a new battery fitted - the old one had expired.
    Is it a garage job or is there an easy way to get at the ECU. I'm not even a tinkering mechanic but could follow instructions. Need a week and a post to get at the manuals to see if there's anything in there - hence the post. Any advise/suggestions would be welcome.

2. KaneP

KaneP Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Volvo S40
    Have you double checked that you've checked the opening procedure? You not removed the boot liner from the two clips by accident have you? The roof ECU is in the boot, you could check for water surrounding it?

3. Lekky

Lekky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc
    Hi, thanks for the reply
    I had to open the boot manually via the release cable in the arm rest compartment and pull the 2 side rings/pins and checked the liner. It was in the 'home position' in the 2 slotted clips so ok providing the switch is working. The cars been in my garage for a year so there shouldn't be any water but I'll check tomorrow. I'm wondering if having no power due to the battery running down and then putting a new one on it could have 'upset' the ECU's. Looked around for an OBD2 extension and may buy one to see what error codes flash up - they're not expensive and may point me in the right direction. There's a you tube vid showing how to look for the fault codes. The guy said that without doing that its very difficult to source the route of the problem. A bit annying because it was working ok when I parked it away in the garage last year.