1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copen on top gear

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dsb, Jun 28, 2013.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
  2. jaspark

jaspark Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    copen
    do not open the page as its a spam!

3. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    No problem from our end, I think we found this when we were researching our car back in March... We're all in good company, they liked our Copen and I believe it made it to the 'cool wall' too :cool:

4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    It's just a link to an old episode of top gear comparing various convertibles, how is it a spam?
    My last car the Citroen pluriel is there but they hated it. They liked the Copen though especially the metal ball gear knob. I thought I'd seen all the Copen or pluriel videos but I've never seen that one before.

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    the pluriel is a real curio - the main flaw as they point out is if you take the roof arches off, you're kind of stuck if it rains unless you somehow bring them along - maybe if they split in half and fit in the boot.

6. jaspark

jaspark Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    copen
    Sorry it was only for me. I tried to open and it opened a few more windows and tried to install some add-ons on my PC. I couldn't even close the windows. That's why I thought its a spam website. If there's no problem for others, sorry.

7. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I opened it on an iPad and there was no problem. There doesn't even appear to be any adverts on that site which is rare. Maybe it doesn't like PC's.:)
    It's a site that hosts thousands of films and episodes of TV shows. I'm wondering If they have the rights to show all those programmes, I'm sure they do.:D

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Yes, taking the pluriel out as a full convertible was a bit of a risky game. You needed a long range weather forecast and it was best not to get too far from home, just incase. It added a bit of excitement to the journey though, like playing Russian roulette?:D
    I had an optional extra cover which fitted tight as a drum over the car. If it rained you had to stop, cover the car and then wait untill the rain stopped. Passengers and driver got wet though, it made you very popular.:D

[​IMG]

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Did the ever had to you DaG? Could you not drive with the drum skin on? passengers squash down in their seats and driver hunched over the steering wheel with nose to the windscreen. Cosy :)

I thought you would be able to get waterproof seat covers and had a drain plug in a corner you could pull out. Passengers and driver would still get wet but home much earlier for laugh over a hot cup of tea. :D

10. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The seats were made from some space age material that was water resistant, according to citroen anyway.
    It wasn't possible to drive the car with the cover fitted, take a look at the picture. Besides everybody would have to be sitting in the car and you'd have to stop a passing stranger to fit the cover which required a degree in tent erection to fit.:D
    I noticed on the linked video the Copen came second against some strong opposition. Not bad really.