1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen It Sweet

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by OzSamurai, May 30, 2015.

1. OzSamurai

OzSamurai Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    Ready for the modding to begin......:-((

[​IMG]

2. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    This is what I did to my Silver Beat

[​IMG]

And this to the Yellow one

[​IMG]

:eek:

Oz

3. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    Start off with a general tidy up of the genuine alloys. Severe gutter rash and damage on two passengers side. They will not be able to be polished aluminium any longer, so the decision was made to take them back to painted silver then plastic coat them from there.
    With a flash it shows up the damage quite well
    [​IMG]

200grit sanding then a wet and dry to clean up

First bogging
    [​IMG]

4. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen

5. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    All sanded back and ready for a dip [​IMG]

Plasti-dip test on the BBQ... :)

[​IMG]

6. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    I have been mucking around with K cars for near on 20years now, and this is the first time I can definitely say using Plasti-dip spray cans on panels is a waste of money. The wheels worked a treat, can't say enough good about it, but panels... noooooo!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    I couldn't find a genuine dipped black mag on a Silver Copen on google, so it was a bit of a gamble, what do you think? I was concerned that the wheel would disappear, I may bring it out again with some caliper coloring (silver?)

I also would like to run odd tyre sizes, thicker on the back, to give a forward slant to the car. Anyone have any experience with this?? Data??

Oz

[​IMG]

8. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I painted by callipers and drums red - with plasti wheels in black. The red really pops out, so I imagine the silver will also pop out, albeit less as silver is more muted.

9. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    You could use contrasting 'alloygater' inserts to accent the wheels. Cheapish and also benefit of protecting the newly refinished rim. We've got red ones and they have been great.

10. OzSamurai

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis
    VW Caravelle
    Daihatsu Copen
    Seeing as I'm on the other side of the globe to most, its been winter, so I only get to play in dry weather :(

I do have a heads up though for some pretty bad material. I have done car wrapping and stripes now for many years in Japan. As I'm in Australia now, I opted to test some of the AutoTechnica wrap film by putting a GT stripe on "Southern Son". It is some of THE worst stuff I have used. No pliability, V shaped tear the first time it was repositioned, then split from the edges, it totally ruined the job, and just had to be chucked. No customer support, no reply, so best stay away from that brand I suggest. Lucky I only wasted $20... not $100's as I had intended to do to get the whole body done.

Oz