1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen in Wales

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rex, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi Guys,
    Been the proud owner of 'Rex' for 2½ weeks now. Rex is a 1-year-old silver, and now resides just north of Cardiff.

Why a Copen?
    Well we had seen one a few months ago in Derby. I've seen a few before, but this was the first time close up and personal so to speak. -Had to find out more, then a test drive and that was it - smitten. To my surprise the wife liked it as well, so had to strike whist the iron was hot.

Rex arrived on the Friday and on the following Monday, we were going on holiday for 2 weeks, very frustrating, so for a change I was looking forward to coming home!

Already I’ve changed the stereo and installed a bank of 4 ciggy lighter sockets. I found the best place was behind centre console. It’s not so easy to plug things in, but at least it is hidden. The mobile phone charger is now permanently plugged in to one of these sockets and I cut a hole in the back of the ashtray, so the phone connector pokes through. Now to charge the phone, I just open the ashtray & plug the phone in. With a bit of foam padding inside the ashtray, it sits there nicely too!

Can’t wait to bet a double din stereo, with built in sat nav. But I think I will have to wait a while for this – Any suggestions that are not too pricey?

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Welcome to the site.

I know how you feel about the Copen. A couple of months ago I'd never even heard of them. Now here I am, not only owning one, but running a blooming website for them as well! How did that happen???

Good idea with the multiple power sockets. I can't make any suggestions for a double din stereo, but perhaps someone else may be able to help? I've still got the original stero in mine, but I'm thinking about a replacement. Yet more expense..... ;)

3. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Hi, Rex!

Can't help you with the stereo, I'm afraid - I'm a complete numpty who leaves that kind of thing to my son and husband - but welcome to the forum, anyway.

What is it about these little cars that makes some of us fall instantly in love, I wonder?

4. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks Guys,
    I hope to become an active member of this little world.

5. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Rex, I've just noticed your Avatar - I'm really liking that one! :)

6. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Welcome Rex. It's nice to see the membership of the new forum growing.

M.