1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen for spares or repair

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Tim, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    0.7L Copen
    Hi all,

Unfortunately our copen has suffered a major engine fault and is no longer roadworthy so we are putting it up for sale as spares or repair :-(( We are putting it on this forum first so that hopefully it can be of use to other copen owners.

We are looking for someone to buy it as is and take away as we cannot break it ourselves. It is not driveable but has a couple of months MOT left so can be towed.

It is a good condition 06 registration, yellow with black interior and has the 0.7L engine (65k miles on the clock).

Please message if you have any interest.

2. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Thats a gutter ,do you know whats happened to the engine? a location would help as well.

3. Tim

Tim Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    0.7L Copen
    Hi, our location is Reading in the UK. The engine had oil leakage issues which caused internal damage to the cylinders. The coil pack's have also failed as well as the cam gasket.

4. Gwyn

Gwyn Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    i10
    Broken Copen

So sorry to hear that your Copen is no longer roadworthy. I just wondered if it has the tonneau cover as I am trying to source one, but with no luck. Perhaps if it does and you don't want to part with it at this stage, if the next owner is breaking it, would you be kind enough to pass on that I am interested in this part. Many thanks

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    You'll need the boot hooks and rear bulkhead mounting (the one just in front of the parcel shelf, has clips for the cover and a yellow hook) as well. To get at the boot hooks you will need the rear bulkhead removed.

Since it was an outrageous option at the time the Copen's were sold, finding one is difficult in Europe.

6. Tim

Tim Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    0.7L Copen
    Sold

Hi all,

Our copen was sold to a guy who plans to put a new engine in it and get it back on the road which is a good thing but unfortunately means that we won't be able to pass on your details for parts.

Thanks for all your help!

Tim

7. NZCopen

NZCopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen
    1999 Toyota Harrier V6
    1993 Toyota MR2 V6 Custom build
    1990 Toyota MR2 3SGE
    1994 Hifit 3.4L V6
    1995 Toyota V1 3.3l DE (double ended)
    2009 Lexus Monster Truck 4.0l V8
    Hi There, I'm in New Zealand and just saving a Copen out of a wreckers yard. I'm looking for the parts above so I can repair and re register the car. Can you help? I have attached a pic of the damage and parts I need.

Thanks

8. NZCopen

NZCopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen
    1999 Toyota Harrier V6
    1993 Toyota MR2 V6 Custom build
    1990 Toyota MR2 3SGE
    1994 Hifit 3.4L V6
    1995 Toyota V1 3.3l DE (double ended)
    2009 Lexus Monster Truck 4.0l V8
    oops picture here