1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copen Bike Rack

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by funsiz, Sep 25, 2009.

1. funsiz

funsiz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    there is one that fits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hannah15mini

hannah15mini Copenworld Newbie

Is that Ramsey Street where you live ;) he he

Bike rack looks cool, thanks for posting!

3. fastlap

fastlap Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen 0.6 2005
    wish I could see the pics? can't view them here in the UK? would love to know where you can get a cycle carrier of any type for a copen?

4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've got a bike rack and I reckon that if it wasn't for my copen having a spoiler I could fit it to the boot.
    It has side straps for extra stability which would be easy to fit under the boot lid edges. I'd probably hook the bottom straps under the bumper. The top straps would just hook where the car below has them.
    My rack holds three bikes but I doubt id load it with anymore than one. For obvious reasons.:)

[​IMG]

5. fastlap

Car(s):
    copen 0.6 2005
    Can see the pic now, looks like a fairly standard rack to me? Might have to give one a try. Otherwise the copen will have to go as I need to carry my mountain bike.

6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The picture I posted wasn't one of those you couldn't see it was from another site.
    My bike rack is the type below. I'll get it out the garage this weekend and see if I can fit it to my copen and I'll let you know.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  7. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've fitted the rack to my car and it seems fine.
    The spoiler didn't get in the way, the rack just clears it to rest on the boot lid. The lower part of the rack sits in the number plate recess but I could tighten the top straps up enough to keep the weight from pressing down on it.
    The rack doesn't obscure the rear number plate but it might with a bike on and so could be illegal. On previous cars I've fixed bike racks to I've strapped a trailer board to the bike to keep legal for the lights and plate.
    I connected the trailer board to a trailer socket that I scotch locked onto the lights wiring. You could connect up a socket and just leave it lying in the boot. Or screw the socket to a low part of the rear bumper which is what I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fastlap

Car(s):
    copen 0.6 2005
    Outstanding thanks! I'll nip off to my local bike shop to see what I can find....Copen Stays!!! yeah!!

9. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I would tend to look in a car accessory shop rather than a bike shop unless it's a big store. The bike shops in my neck of the woods are small and don't sell racks.
    Halfords has loads on their website and Argos have a nice rack for less than £60. Make sure you get one with side straps. My first rack didn't have them and there was always a bit of movement. My current rack sits on the car rock solid.
    Ebay is another place worth a look, this rack looks very good value...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Streetwiz...ccessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item25959dfb12