Copen 659cc oil feed pipe for the turbo

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by James Hartley, Jul 16, 2017.

1. James Hartley

James Hartley Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen .7 in Blue, Mercedes C220 in Blue and Landrover Discovery V8i
    Afternoon all,

I am currently deep into a turbo replacement for Clem's 04 Copen, old one is out and the vanes are seized solid, so must have starved of oil at some point before her ownership(either from crap non-changed oil or from the pipe being blocked)(she has been driving it for a few years in "no-power" mode until we could source an economical turbo).
    I removed the oil inlet pipe expecting to be able to clean it an blow it out, but find that it has an insanely small hole in the banjo, so not so easy to clean! Are there any sources of the pipe around at the moment or any tips on how to clean properly? I do not want to have to take half the car apart to do this again! I laughed when the service manual asked me to remove both front wings(oh how I stopped when I realised I had to!)

Thanks all in advance,

James

2. welz

welz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen 2003
    I often use brake cleaner and a small brush.:)

3. Yellow fellow

Yellow fellow Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The oil pressure is reduced by making the hole small. If it was given full feed at full pressure the seals would never cope and the turbo would be wrecked. Do not be tempted to enlarge the hole or change the banjo bolt. The engineers have done it on purpose. Good quality oil and regular changes are the key.

4. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    I'd be using a piece of fine copper wire. Normally a strand out an old speaker cable.
    Followed by an aerosol degreaser with the small tube attachment to blast the crap out.
    If it's really bad maybe left soaking in petrol overnight will help