Confused from Wiltshire.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thewiltshirehardys, May 18, 2013.

1. thewiltshirehardys

thewiltshirehardys Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    mrs. 2004 copen vivid
    mr.. 1959 morris minor
    I love our recently purchased 04 copen but I am getting a little confused as to its pedigree.
    I have been told that vivids are red, but I have seen some pictures that suggest otherwise. I have been told that vivids have a spoiler and, among other things a exhaust 'cowl' but , again , I have seen picture suggesting otherwise.
    Can anyone enlighten me?

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The vivids were red. They don't have a spoiler or the cowl.
    Adam has a vivid he'll be able to tell you what was standard and what wasn't

4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I knew I shouldn't have stopped typing last post to watch this act on Eurovision.:D
    If the spoiler s standard why do I see vivids for sale without it?

5. thewiltshirehardys

thewiltshirehardys Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    mrs. 2004 copen vivid
    mr.. 1959 morris minor
  6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    You might be right DAG, perhaps the spoiler was only an accessory too. :eek:

7. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I think the Copen looks better without the spoiler. My car has it because its a 1.3 but I think copens without it look more retro and stylish. Pictures I've seen of copens with a boot rack and a leather suitcase, or picnic basket look great. Add a spoiler to those pictures and the effect is spoilt a bit.

8. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

i own i vivid copen too like adam and yes the vivid's were only red and limited edition models made from july 2004 to aug 2005 and came with extra's as standard which was the tonneau cover, heated cloth seats which in normal models of the copen if it has cloth the heater buttons are just blanks and the momo steering wheel... also as far as im aware because the vivid's came with the tonneau as standard it also has the 4 clips and holds the tonneau on the car near the wind deflector... i didnt know i had bought a vivid model until 2 months of owning it but now im glad i did coz it just makes it abit more special :cool:

9. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

Never got the vivid in australia, which was a shame .
    But am putting a bid on a Copen Sard Special, bright yellow, from Japan
    as a second hand import into australia. Will be my second copen, but this would be a lot rarer. The Sard, was only available in Japan i heard. Anyone heard of them getting to Europe?

10. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Is it cheaper to import a Copen from Japan rather than to buy in Australia? Are copens fairly cheap on the second hand Japanese car market.
    I remember reading that the mot in Japan is very tough so cars just a few years old are put off the road. I suppose it's good for new car sales though.