1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments please!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rex, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    It seems to me the world is divided into Copen lovers and haters.

Best comment was: "Wow, I want one"
    Worst comment: "Looks like a Hair-dressers car. "

What’s your experience?

Rex.

2. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

What a cute car, what is it?
    Nice to see a man driving a decent small car not a penis substitute.

Hahahaha did it shrink in the car wash? Oi Noddy, where's Bigears? (My answer btw was "I do not know but I am looking at his ugly sister").

Most people who speak to me about it love it even though they may not actually want one.

3. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    I get lots of people asking what it is, and saying how much they like it.

Worst comment was shouted at me as I drove past with the roof down - "What a s**t car!" :(

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Anything with strong design is bound to attract both admirers and haters, although in my experience so far, the admirers have outweighed the haters by a wide margin.

Many new cars are just so bland and characterless. I think the Copen is a gutsy design, and Daihatsu weren't afraid to push the boundaries a little.

It's interesting to see how many cars are launched with an interesting design, and then get "blandified" (hey, I think I've just invented a new word) when the model gets revised.

Have you seen the new Micra to be launched next year? It looks like 20 other cars already on the market. What about the Fiat Multipla? It has a history of bold design until the current model, which I simply wouldn't give a second glance.

I'll happily drive a car that arouses some passion, good or bad.

Anyone for a Ford Edsel? :cool:

5. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

You do get a lot of reactions to a Copen don't you?

I much prefer to drive a car with a bit of character and I care very little if other people don't like it.

M.

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I should have said, most comments have been positive. The negative ones I put down to jealousy!

7. lamster

lamster Copenworld Member

comments

Worst experience is being spat on with roof open but I mostly get stares and lots of smiles. Kids in huge 4WDs just love pointing at it :)

People with negative comments are just mostly aggressive guys with no life.

8. clive_copen

clive_copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Aygo
    Never had any negative comments. The best positive one was whilst waiting at a set of lights on Bridge Street in Aberdeen. A lightly-refreshed chap appeared from the Bridge Bar, looked for a moment then leaned into Clive and enquired what it was, how much etc, had never seen one before and thought it was great looking.

9. Curnewton

Curnewton Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2 Copen and a Trevis
    Indeed, the most comments are positve, but from time to time some "sourpuss" needs to make statements like
    "I wouldn't take that if you paid me for it!" or "what a gay car".

Lamster already said the right thing ... People with such negative comments are just mostly aggressive guys with no life.

One time an older man (ca.60 years old) would like to give me 5 Euro and said ... "here ... for you ... so that you can buy a REAL car next time".
    ;)

10. Sardine

Sardine Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen only
    Hay,hay whats with the older man bit:( It might be unkindly said that, I hover around the figure you quoted but I can tell you I waited twenty years for the right car to come along. When I saw a Copen I went out and got one:D Same with my wife:eek:

Seriously, the car is quite a head turner, I think jelousy has a lot to do with the negative attitude.

Nice to meet you Curnewton:),

Sardine.

11. cobilly

cobilly Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi 80 B2
    Mitsubishi Pajero 2d GDI
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    I have yet driven my Copen very little, but here is my rather large contribution on comments:

- Mixed comments from my male friends. But then, most drive pickups, station wagons, and 4x4s.
    - Some turning heads smiling (good, bad, who gives a heck...).
    - A girl at a gas station telling me the car is very cute (nice!).
    - At another gas station a couple came up to see if I can fit in it (my honest reply was "surprisingly well").
    - After telling to a female friend I was getting a Copen, she said (and I quote) she likes it because she finds it has a "teddy boy" image (!!!).
    - My sister's comments, when I parked at her house: (a) "I am never jealous of cars, but I am jealous of this one.", (b) "It’s like a keychain." (!), and (c) "Give me the keys."
    - My girlfriend loves the car from day one. In fact she insisted I should go for it so I don't regret it later (I bought mine used, so it was a quick decision to take).
    - I already refused two offers to sell it, so that's good.

And small political comment: if one believes that our politicians managed to screw our economy THAT much, and judging from Curnewton's experience (above) the Copen could be a nice source of income for a future poor Greek (me). Oh well, who needs money :)