1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluch problems, Parts ??

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by debsredcopen, Jul 1, 2015.

1. debsredcopen

debsredcopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen vivid 2004 Austin mini 1984
    We have owned our Copen 11 months now and done over 10,000 miles. She is a 2004 vivid and has covered 28000 miles in total over 14 years.
    We recently travelled to Frankfurt, Germany in her and some of the terrain was very hilly, we were also fully loaded with luggage. In total we covered 1500 miles over four days.
    Since returning it seems if the clutch has failed, can anyone help me source spares for this and tell me what sort of a job it is to change? { many years ago I was a tractor mechanic!].

Also could someone enlighten me as to whether the 66occ version is a three or four cylinder engine?

many thanks
    Dave [Debs husband]

2. Klausanta

Klausanta Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Renault Megane
    Hi

This is what I had written down for my Copen.

L880 (JB-DET) – 659cc 16V Turbo (67hp – 50kW 68PS) - 5 speed 4 cylinder DOHC 16V injection turbo.

I'm afraid I can't help with the clutch questions

All the best

KS

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    The 660cc is a 4 pot engine. The time book says a min of 4 hours to replace the clutch. Someone else on here who has replaced their clutch might be able to give a labor time figure.

Clutches are available on MicksGarage - mainly BluePrint, but you might be able to find Borg clutches on Amazon. You're talking the guts of 200 GBP for a clutch kit - don't cheap out, get the entire kit. Whilst you're at it, replace the water pump as it's only about 50 GBP for the part.

4. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Hello,

Not sure this post is serious :p
    4 cylinders, and a turbo engine 660 cc with not so much tork :D
    Also, if the "tractor mechanic" is using this car as a... tractor he was used, sure something is wrong :-((
    I hope this is a joke, but, may be, a true problem, and clutch needs a new one disc ;)
    Let us know, if OK, we can help you :D

5. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
  6. Smc92

Smc92 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc
    Nissan 350Z
    When I was under our copen the other day I was looking at the gearbox and how I would go about changing the clutch (im no mechanic but have changed my own clutch before) and I thought it looked like an awkward job. Everything is crammed into such a small space

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Check out the workshop manual. Step 1 is remove the front bumper, second step is remove the transmission - iirc :)