1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean and shiney

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Number6, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Decided on Saturday to take ScootyPuff down to a new car wash that just opened.

Here are the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With any luck, she'll be nice and matte black (along with alloys) in the next few months, as there are a lot of rust bubbles and the usual rusty sills.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Shiney. :cool:

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    So shiny, in fact, that you can see my reflection.

[​IMG]

The shinyness really shows the paint chips :-(

4. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Looking good :cool:

5. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    oooohhhh shineyyyyyy......!

yeah isnt that just a ! the cleaner it is the more it shows the imperfections.

6. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Chips with everything

My old car was black and stone chips certainly showed up on it (it had a white base coat underneath the black top coat) but it's best not to get too worried about as applying some touch-up paint and lacquer does help with disguising them and also stopping them getting worse for a year or two.
    On close inspection the car did indeed look somewhat acne-ridden, but it still looked fine from a distance as the bigger picture takes over from the small imperfections. :cool:

The way I see it is that stone chips are inevitable. If it helps, just think of those people who have just splashed out on a brand new car and how sick they'll be feeling this weekend when they go outside to wash their beloved "14" plate only to see the first one or two stone chips have appeared and realising it'll never be immaculate showroom condition again. ;)

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Oh, I know! I had a black car before (Pajero Jnr) and said I'd never ever get a black car again... Yet, I did because it looks so sexy!