1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cigarette lighter not working.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adnan, May 13, 2012.

1. Adnan

Adnan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello.

Anyone knows where the fuse for cigarette lighter is located on 659 (53 plate) copen ? The lighter is not working.

I was told its more likely be a fuse problem. I dont have the user manual with me so cannot it figure out.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Tiff

Tiff Copenworld Newbie

Hi
    I have a 1.3 model, but in case the location of the fuse box is the same for both models, it is to the right of the steering wheel (RHD) below the fog lights and tiny cubby hole. The fuse box cover sits flush to the rest of the dash and pulls off quite easily.
    Hope this might help!

3. Tiff

Tiff Copenworld Newbie

Also, according to the manual, the cigarette lighter is fuse number 10.

4. Adnan

Adnan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks Tiff

I was looking under the bonnet's fuse box. No wonder I couldn't find a fuse for ciggy. After you mentioned it I found the right box straight away. There were so many fuses and I wasn't sure if it was number 10 from right or left. After getting the torch I saw their names written just above the fuses and mines was number 9 from left :D.

I am glad its working now. I am guessing the top fuses are for spares because I have just replaced mines with one of the 10's.

Thanks again Tiff.

5. Tiff

Tiff Copenworld Newbie

Great stuff, glad to help. I expect quite a few things are probably the same on both models so it's always worth asking. :)

6. opboy

opboy Copenworld Newbie

Was looking for the answer as i just got a secondhand copen and the cigarette ligter not working...was thinking where is the fuse... Thanks for the post :)

7. Pasha

Pasha Copenworld Newbie

thank you!

I'm also looking for this information and don't have a manual... Was helpful! ;)