1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome seatbelt guides

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Fisherman, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Fisherman

Fisherman Copenworld Newbie

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I realise that a number of people have fitted after market chrome seat belt guides to their Copens. From what I've read this is to allow the belt ro retract better and not get stuck in the door. On our car if the drivers seat is all the way back and reclined so that the top of the headrest is parralel with the role over bar, the seat belt jams if it is located in the guide. I have resorted to removing the belt from the guide if I am driving. If my wife drives it is not a problem as the seat is further forward and the belt works fine.

So my question is, will fitting after market chrome guides help??

2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
  3. Fisherman

Fisherman Copenworld Newbie

Brilliant, thanks for that info Rex, I think they are worth doing.

4. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

My experience with these are the same as Rex's and I had a chat with a Daihatsu warranty guy about this earlier today and he said its a common problem - he was quite impressed with my chrome ones.

For those who haven't upgraded to the chrome's (and I can't blame you what with how much they cost) it might be an idea to ensure that the belt is not in the guide or the chair is not all the way back when you take it for its MOT. It's a failure if it doesn't retract correctly.