1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chassis Leg

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Busybeeyellam, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Busybeeyellam

Busybeeyellam Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hello.... I'm new to Copens and Copenworld. I'm due to collect a 59 reg Copen from a dealer this week, having placed a deposit. They had it Mot'd as part of the sale and initially it failed; 'front vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced chassis legs on both sides behind wheel (6.1.1(c)(i)'. It was then retested the same day , after I assume remedial work and passed. Is this a common corrosion problem.... Is it serious.... Would you go ahead with the purchase ? The dealer has a good reputation and the car looks superb. Advice much appreciated.

2. Suzette

Suzette Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Elise, Copen, VRS, GT6
    I would like to know what they have done to repair it and are there other areas of the car with hidden rust. These cars can quickly become rust heaps from within!

3. David Berry

David Berry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7 2002
    Fully agree, ours is clean of rust as it was in Japan from 2002 to 2005 and then moved to Cyprus so no issues but I do hear of Copens basically rusting on your driveway if they were in the UK (amongst others) which use salt on the winter roads.