1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars & Contacts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sheila.B, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sheila.B

Sheila.B Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi All.
    I didn't realize when I bought my car that it came with a 'club' and a whole lot of contacts.... but that can only be good especially when the owner's manual is in Japanese. I already have a question that I know someone will know the answer to. How do I set the clock??? Spent half an hour today pushing the set & hour & min buttons but nothing changed the display... I know it must be SOOOOO easy (but the owner before me didn't manage it either!!!) Tell me please!

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Assuming the clock is the same as the standard UK clock you just press the h button to change the hour & the m button for the minutes.
    Have a look in the directory section. You can download the UK 1.3 manual. Most of it's contents will be applicable to the 659 engine including the clock setting.

3. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello Sheila,

I removed my clock some years ago, so I'm not sure if what a am writing is 100% correct, but the time should change as soon as you touch the buttons.

Are you getting any other symptoms?
    Does the clock always reset when you remove the ignition key and turn it back on?
    Have you tried pressing the setting buttons with the ignition key turned?

Looking at the circuit diagram, there are 4 electrical connection to the clock.

Earth (0v)
    Illumination (dims the display when you switch on the lights)
    Constant 12V (keeps the clock working when the engine is off)
    ACC (this gives 12V only when the ignition key is turned.)

The last two connections have fuses (page D83 of the wiring manual, down loadable from this site).

Rex.