1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Unlocking

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Bronaldo, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.7
    Hi,

Long story short, the Copen I bought had to have new key barrel's fitted before it was sold due to the previous owner not being able to afford the finance on it and stuff.

Anyway, when I got the motor (It's great fun), I only have the manual keys.

Any idea where I could get an electric set made up from? So I can just press a button to lock/unlock?

2. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    That's all that comes with the car when new, ordinary no button keys.
    There is though a remote fob with the car which you can usually find on eBay for around twenty notes. There's a few threads on here explaining how to programme a second hand fob to operate the doors and the boot.
    Fobs for other Daihatsu's work as well, Daihatsu used the same fob on more than one car. If it looks like the copen fob it should work.

As an alternative you could fit, or have fitted a central locking conversion kit like the one below. I fitted a cobra alarm to a car a few years ago which had central locking but not remote controlled. The alarm fobs operated the cars doors as well as set the alarm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cobra-A10...197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2dfe34e5

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    2 copens for sale I saw recently had non Daihatsu unlocking fobs so it's possible.