car smoking

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by noddy & big ears, Jul 13, 2010.

1. noddy & big ears

noddy & big ears Copenworld Newbie

hi,have just bought a 04 copen which seems to have had new turbo fitted but on way home begain to smoke at low revs.since this i had it serviced and no faults were found.it seems if you drive the car at a steady level it does not smoke but if you drive it hard for an hour or so then it will start smoking at low revs. has any copen owner got any idea what is happening. thanks

2. Mayflower

Mayflower Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Peugeot 405 MI16
    Honda Civic 1.5 ILS
    Toyota Yaris
    Toyota Starlet Glanza V
    Lexus IS200...and FINALY:
    =Daihatsu Copen=)
    Hi! I've got same situation with my engine too. First i thought that it is turbo mailfunction, but when i repaired(replaced)turbo the problem is still relevant for me. My Copen is 2004 year of birth too.Actualy the problem could hide in thousand places inside engine and even new turbocharger=( But i think that reason is oil plug ring.
    Now i thinking about buying used engine to drive on, so i would have enough time to open my original engine and to repair it=)
    So maybe this winter we'll know why car sometimes show us smoke(on low revs, or when turbo starts to spin(spooling))
    As a usefull advice for you and your car-attentively check engine oil level-don't let it fall under minimum mark-without oil engine(and turbo)(especially turbo) lives approximately 5 minutes.
    With best regards/Will try to keep you informed.
    Mayflower.Moscow.