Car alarm which wire for boot release

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by mcp, Feb 1, 2021.

1. mcp

mcp Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3, Fiesta ST3
    Hi,

The car alarm ny Copen came with was playing up. As I couldn't persuade any of the alarm shops locally to fit me a new one (maybe they are all claustrophobic) I have ended up doing it myself. Actually not too bad a job (apart from finding small pond in the boot - another new thing to fix but I did buy it to keep me occupied during covid) but can't find the corrent wire to up to get the remote boot release to work.

Any suggestions from anyone that has done this? I have tried the one from the boot release switch in the centre consile and no joy. I can hear the alarm box clicking when I press the button on the alarm key fob so I don't think it is the alarm.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    If the boot doesn’t open when you press the release button in the car, it’s most likely the actuator in the boot. How did you get into it to chase the wiring and find the water feature ?

3. mcp

mcp Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3, Fiesta ST3
    Hi Rob,

Apologes if I caused confusion.

The boot opens as normal with the boot release in the centre console and the original door remote fob. What I am after doing is getting the boot release to work with the key fob for my new alarm. Everything else to do with the alarm is working (door triggers, shock sensor, immobiliser, door lock/unlock etc, flip key fob with transponder chips cloned to the car so starts it) just having trouble finding the correct wire to connect to the boot release. The ones from the centre console cause the fuse to blow even with a relay. It was chasing the wires to the boot that revealed the water feature hiding in the well where the puncture repair kit and jack live.

4. mcp

mcp Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3, Fiesta ST3
    Sorted now. The wires from the boot latch to the switch seen to be at 12v and going to ground via the boot release switch (thanks wiring diagrams). Connected a wire to the boot release switch in the centre console going to a standard 4 pin relay numbered pins connected as follows:

30 - ground.
    85 - ground.
    86 - boot release signal wire from car alarm.
    87 - wire to red and yellow wire at boot release switch in centre console.

5. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Job’s a good un.