1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any mechanis in Victoria, Australia even SPELL Copen?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by YWAYT, Oct 26, 2011.

1. YWAYT

YWAYT Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Oh Yes!
    Greetings fellow Copen lovers.

Anyone from Victoria, Australia? I am looking for someone who can competently service a Copen in Victoria.

Toyota are supposedly the Daihatsu service agents in Australia and my local Toyota service agent has left me less than impressed.

Help. Otherwise I may have to trailer the car to Sydney just to get a fuel sensor issue dealt with.

2. scooty

scooty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hy YWAYT,

maybe someone in the Australian Copen forum copenclub.com can help.

Andreas

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you already registered there as well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. YWAYT

YWAYT Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Oh Yes!
    looking far and wide

Thanks Andreas, yes I am looking as broadly as I can to find any contacts for a decent mechanic that can spell Copen. Thanks for the attemtped assist.

4. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

I service mine at Frankston Toyota - they have a guy there that used to be a diahatsu mechanic - and i cant complain about anything they have ever done-
    They have heaps of rewards for service, and you can even get a courtesy car (for 35 bucks) for the day if you need it while your car is getting serviced.
    I dont know where you are, but ive never had a breakdown of any kind - but a flat tyre once left me stranded, and they provided a tray top truck to pick it up and bring it to get a new tyre -and they were there in 20 minutes - we have a toyota camrysportivo whcih we bought from them and they service too
    Copen costs around 185 to service - and they have been doing it since 2004

5. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

by fuel sensor, do you mean the O2 sensors?

6. YWAYT

YWAYT Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Oh Yes!
    fuel sensor / O2 sensor

thanks dwayner.

Vehicle has been off the road for about 12 months (due to my ill health) just before that I started to suffer power loss issues - but got sick before I could do anything about it.

It was suggested to me that it could be a fuel sensor issue. I have subsequently sourced manuals but haven't had a chance to chase it through yet.

As my fine motor skills are still a bit stuffed I would prefer to let a competent copen mechanic give it a thorough going over.

I have also been unable to open the roof since the last service (or lack thereof) from the local toyota service centre.

Basically she needs some TLC from someone competent - so thanks very much for your recommendation.