1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busy day........

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dunf, Nov 8, 2014.

1. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Been waiting a few weeks to get a dry day at the weekend to get under the Copen and finish the underselling job I started a few months back. Previously got the rear end and under the floor all done, so just needed the front end, arches and wings doing. BBC promised me a dry day so I got cracking on it this morning.

Unfortunately, true to form, half way in and it started to pish down and never stopped!

Ah well, cleared some bikes out the garage and resumed 'indoors'. Finished the undersealing then serviced the car. Plugs, oil and filter, air filter, and thermostat changed. Just leaves two rear wheel bearings and the bodywork to put back on tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the plugs! Gaps were huge. Electrodes had eroded so much. Bet they've never been changed.

[​IMG]

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    Always check your spark plugs - it was a broken one that put paid to my engine

3. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Nice work Mr Dunf :)

This is interesting because the only thing that came up in recent services on our Copens was the huge spark plug gaps, the mechanic reckons they'd never been changed by the previous owners. Hopefully, this was just lazy servicing before, but I'll be checking the plugs myself in future.
    The other half says her Copen definitely pulls away from standing a bit smoother now.