Buddy's boot won't open!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Buddy's owner, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Buddy's owner

Buddy's owner Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Silver Copen
    Hello!

My beloved silver Copen's boot is neither fully shut, or open. I closed in the other day, with the cover in place in side and nothing in the small boot area. It didn't make that motorised whine and clunk noise, and now won't open or close fully if I push it. The small strips of the boot lid that meets the car are not quite in line. I have tried re-popping the boot via the remote and with the little button, and once it made the noise to say the boot is open, with no clunk though, so I know it has power, but didn't open. I tried removing the screw in the cubby hole, but I could not get to the pull cord. Is that the only way to open my boot? Does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it? I have had Copen's for 10+ years and never had this. So frustrating.:sweating:

Thanks

2. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi
    First thing to check, is your battery fully charged and do you operate your roof with your engine running because if you drain down the battery even a small amount the ECU will know and stop the operation in order to keep information intact. How often do you operate your roof? because the hydraulic system has to build up pressure in order to operate within perameters, and yes you have to release the boot via the release cable in order to reset the whole system again and make sure you have the correct amount of hydraulic fluid in the system. If you can access the work manual on this site it's in the Service Manual 9842, section 15 Sunroof/T-Ber Roof/Convertible. Hope this helps.