Brand Newbie BOV questions

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Almichie, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Almichie

Almichie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    hinall,

This is my first post on here, I'm a big petrol fan having another turbo charged motor albeit much larger!

We picked up a 2005 Copen last weekend and I've set to going over it to make sure everything is well. Spark plugs looked ok, inter cooler looks a little past it and There is definatly some noise from the turbo and there was a leaking hose on the joint coming into the inlet plenum/tract which a Julie clip resolved rather than the spring clip. Tonight I picked up a few more jubilee clips and set to securing all fixings on the main inlet plastic pipe. I got to the BOV/recirculating valve and thought I could improve the factory small bore hoses for some silicone variant I had in the garage. I took it all apart and then forgot know it all went back together! I have searched high And low on the Internet and found only one image, in this format it doesn't look right and the tshhh noise that was there before of the valve lifting on throttle lift isn't anymore. The BOV works, I'm guessing it's just the way I've piped it. I don't have the ability to download the service manual yet, as I'm just too new! I guess it could always have been wrong before, or I've fixed an air leak but I'm thinking not. Does everyone else have the noise when lifting the throttle when on boost?

Thanks in advance, Alistair

2. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    No noise on mine in factory condition.
    Id only expect a noise with a pod type filter or externally vented BOV

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    There's no noise from the factory BOV, you'll need something like a K-Takeoff BOV with a massive trumpet in order to get the nice pssssh sound.

4. Almichie

Almichie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks both, must have been an air leak maybe. Can anyone post an image of the bov pipe work please do I can double check. Thanks again

5. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Will go pssst if you had the filter removed whilst testing.

6. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Should be enough xetail in the video above to check your installation.