1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought one!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alz2605, Oct 17, 2013.

1. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Just bought a yellow 04 plate Copen today as a surprise for my Mrs 30th birthday!!!

It was a car she really loved when we first got together but it was out of our price range back then so I'm well chuffed I managed to find her one. I can't wait to pick it up.

Her current car is a battered old rusty X reg ford focus with 160k on the clock & pretty much on its last legs so I can't wait to give her the Copen!

Now I just have to think up an imaginative way to give her the Copen???

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Alz2605, welcome to Copenworld.
    What a nice chap you are. Your wife will be over the moon.
    I sense you are also excited to get it. Will you be driving it too?

3. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
  4. RHD

RHD Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Saab 9-3
    Hi

You could wrap it so it looks like a giant banana! or you could just give her the keys! Im sure whichever you do she'll be chuffed to bits.

5. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Thanks. She's not quite my wife yet but we've been together 8 years now & plan to marry on our 10 year anniversary. Yes I'm excited about getting the Copen as its not a very common car you see every day although a pink one did pass me today! I'm more excited about giving her the car as I know she'll be in a state of disbelief about getting a such a fantastic car. I won't get to drive it on a daily basis but I'll enjoy tinkering & maintaining it on my days off. Hope to bring it to a meet up next year to meet you Adam along with the Mrs & our Pug.

Yeah I've seen these already. I did think about buying her a model a few christmas's ago when I didn't have enough cash for a real one!!!

My Mrs loves the little yellow minions from Despicable Me & they sing a song about Bananas! Bought a minion doll from smyths and thinking of leaving him on the door step with the car keys with a note saying he's come to live with her and he's brought his minion-mobile for her to look after too! I'll ring the door bell & go hide round the corner then I think!

6. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Sounds perfect! She's going to be chuffed to bits. I having stopped grinning since getting mine a year ago. :eek:

7. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    You have to post some photos of the reveal & the look on her face.

8. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Skived off work early today & went on a 2 hour train journey to pick up the Copen! Seller was a gent & it was an eventful drive back with the torrential rain, thunder & lightning one minute & then blinding sun the next.

I did enjoy the drive once I got confident in a strange car and I started to feel the love for the little Copen by the time I got home. Had some amused looks off the cashiers in Spar when I parked up outside to pick up some wine.

I've put the car keys in the box with the Despicable Me Minion 'Dave' doll & wrapped it up with a little note inside.

The Copen is parked out of sight & I'm just waiting for the Mrs to come home from work. Shame it's dark out but don't think I can keep this a secret till the morning.

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    why not go for an early morning walk and walk passed it and comment as you do. Then pass keys :)

10. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    How exciting :D
    Looking forward to reading the story tomorrow. Good luck. :cool:

11. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Better than a Mills and Boon this.:D

12. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Exciting! :D

13. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I'm just disappointed that we haven't heard more yet:p

14. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    she's possibly in a strop , "I don't want yellow!. That was two days ago, I'm a woman and completely changed my mind"

15. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Or she might still be thanking him. ;)

16. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Are you based in Ireland?

17. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Sorry to have kept some of you in suspense!

Well what happened next then?

Before the Mrs came home on Saturday night I wrote out a birthday card & a Christmas card & wrapped up Minion Dave with the Copen Car keys attached to his hand

upload_2016-8-2_17-17-48.png

upload_2016-8-2_17-19-10.png

Before wrapping up Dave I popped a note inside saying he had come to live with us & that he had brought his minion-mobile with him & it was parked outside & that she couldn't miss it as it was minion coloured with butt warming seats (HEE HEE BUTT).

The Mrs came home and noticed the cards & present & was a bit confused as her birthday wasn't till next month. Anyway I told her to open the cards & she opened the birthday one followed by the Christmas one. In the Christmas card I had written that her birthday & Christmas had come early!

She opened the box & read the note looking confused & I then pointed out the car keys. She looked at me & asked had I bought her a Car?

I told her she would have to go outside & have a look if the keys would fit any cars ...

I had parked the Copen up the road behind a 4X4 so it was out of sight. As she walked up the road she spotted the little yellow car and asked was it a Daihatsu Copen? As she got to the car she was shouting excitedly "it is, it is!"

We got in it and drove round the block & she giggled all the way.

And here is the little Minion-mobile!

upload_2016-8-2_17-20-25.png

We spent most of Sunday driving around in the rain turning a few heads. The Sun came out for a while & we managed to have the top down for 20 minutes.

And all day long my Mrs was driving around with a big grin on her face chuckling to her self now & then!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi

No South Wales. Why is there a place called Spar near you? I meant Spar as in the chain of corner shops.

19. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Yeah, our corner shops are Spar, and the toy shop is Smyths - hence why I thought you were based here in Ireland.

20. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Oh Smyths! Yeah forgot they were an Irish company!