1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought my dream car! Hello to all Copen adorers.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Willem, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Willem

Willem Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, Citroen Saxo, Mini Cooper D
    Dear Copen buddies,

Last week I bought one of my dream cars. I've always wanted a Copen, basically ever since my first introduction with the car when my father bought a new one 8 years ago. The Copen is a car that makes me smile just by getting in the car (although getting in is a hassle). Normally I don’t like driving in a car, not even in a previously owned Jaguar S type 3.0L executive. But this little Spartan car is able to make my day!
    The reason I bought this car is because I started a new job without the benefit of getting a car from my employer. I would definitely like to thank my loving wife for the support of realizing this ''small'' dream. I just became a dad and most friends and family wonder why I didn't buy a station wagon instead of a car that doesn't allow the usage of a baby carrier. They obviously never driven the Copen!

After a long search for an affordable Copen 1.3 with a low mileage that is technically in order. I found a totally red one (exterior and interior) that was a little mistreated by the previous wealthy owner.

Two examples of the miss usage by the previous owner:

• Damage on the roof by cable friction, The wear is so serious that the aluminium is showing,
    • Damage near the filler cap, someone tried to put gas in it by forcing the filler cap to open so I have a dent and damaged lacquer near that area.
    Obviously the previous owner didn't care about the feeling of my little Red Devil.

Too make a long story a little shorter. I have come to this forum in search of guidance concerning my Copen. I think I’ll start a topic on how I am going to repair, maintain & improve my Copen.

Kind regards, another smiling Copen owner from the Netherlands,

Willem.

2. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Welcome Willem! Always good to welcome another Copen lover!