Boot won't close

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Max, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Max

Max Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi guys,

I have a 54 plate Copen and have been having issues with my boot for a couple of months now. At first the red light that comes on when you open the roof would stay on constantly and the boot would not open. Then the light went off very briefly and I managed to open it but now the light is back on and I cannot close the boot. It has now been like this for about a month or so.

Also the carpet under both seats and the boot are soaking wet. Any help is v much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Hi Max.

I see you decided not to introduce yourself until you had a problem !

The wet carpet will almost certainly be due to the boot being open. Either through direct water ingress past the seals or condensation forming on the inside of the boot panel. My car is garaged and still getting condensation on the outside panels in this weather.
    The main cause of your interlock/warning light problems will need you to run the diagnostics on the roof system and are outlined in other posts on this forum.

3. Kelvin Newton

Kelvin Newton Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    Hi max did you ever solve your problem

4. Kelvin Newton

Kelvin Newton Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    Did you manage to find the fault

5. Wayne Wong

Wayne Wong Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2008 Copen
    I just had the same problem. Boot won't closes as of two days ago. The hard-top red-light stays on and it won't it to operate. Rain clouds gather so directly for fiddled around with it. I found that pushing the boot open button multiple time cleared the red-light which allowed me to finally close the boot (truck in USA). I just hope the hard-top retracts after the rain ( My worst secret fears is that it won't tract in a rain storm).