1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot Light And Water In The Boot ?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by PauliePaul, Mar 8, 2013.

1. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

hello guys alittle while back i had the leaky boot issue from the boot light as i could tell it was dripping in from the top and i got a new light clear lens to replace the red lens light and new gasket seal and it seems to have fixed the issue as the carpet no longer gets wet from the top but underneath still somehow goes abit wet... any ideas where it would be coming from as b4 you could fell it ontop of the carpet but since the replacement its dry on the top but still gets wet when you look underneath ??? im abit confused as i thought doing this would make it bone dry in there ???

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    That moisture is probably condensation from the dampness in the boot caused by the now fixed leak.
    I bought a moisture trap to leave in the boot. Every day I would dry off the underside of the boot with some kitchen towl. After about a week the condensation disappeared. I'll leave it in the boot until summer.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kilrock-Slimline-Moisture-Trap/dp/B002QGGHX0

Someone recently suggested they thought they had an issue with the boot seal.
    I'd recommend giving the rubber seals a rejuvenation with some silicone lubricant. Spray it on the rubbers, leave it a few minutes then wipe the excess off.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPlan-WSD400-Silicone-DD-400ml/dp/B00499DFO6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_7

3. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

cheers for that, i did think that it could well be where the sponge underneath has just still got some water inside it and is possibly just letting it out onto the floor... it is just the center bit no where else in the boot and the top part you touch and is dry but when you lift it up and its abit wet on the floor and the recycled looking sponge underneath is also abit wet, it would help when we get some nice weather and ill keep the boot open with the carpet stood up on that wooden bit and latey all i had been doing was using the shammy in the boot :D

4. tunedtimer

tunedtimer Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The only way to get water on your carpet is the rear led stop,try to fill the gaps with silikone.I had that promblem and i sold it.