1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot Closure

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Nimbus, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    I opened the boot today using the key fob but then I couldn't get it to close, I checked the 30 amp fuse (number 1 on page 13-12 of the manual) by swapping it with fuse number 6 and that appears to be OK. When I try to close the boot there is not the usual electrical whirring noise which is heard when it engages. I have had long-standing problems of water getting into the boot so perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Does any owner in the West Midlands area know of a garage which they could suggest for these and any other Copen-specific problems please.

David.

2. Hannah williams

Hannah williams Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    Hi! I've noticed a lot of people have unresolved boot issues in which people have not found a solution for. In my case a plastic cog had broken (probably fair wear and tear because it's an 03 model). I will provide pictures. It's located within the boot latch system itself. Have not received the part yet to be able to fix it but I hope this helps! I have had to open my boot manually for quite sometime now and as a result the roof will not open. 20190317_145343.jpg 20190317_145411.jpg

Attached Files: