Bonnet badge - 'chrome' flaking off..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DavidMatthewson, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DavidMatthewson

DavidMatthewson Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    A 1300 Copen in red of course!! That was the first - the second is blue/grey..

Based in Sussex in the UK
    The plastic chrome is flaking off my bonnet badge.. revealing white plastic beneath. Is it possible to buy replacements - Ebay has not been my friend so far..

Also, anyone know how it is attached & how to remove it?

TiA

2. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    It's possible to buy replacements but they're expensive, for the real ones anyway. If you don't mind what are probably/almost certainly fakes, You can get them in various colours or even LED from Aliexpress.

CHECK SIZES - I debadged my car almost instantly so I don't know the measurements. They're glued on, remove with a heat gun and dental floss/fishing line. Or just park up in the sun in this weather and you might not need a heat gun heh.

ABS Daihatsu Car Front Hood Bonnet Badge Sticker car rear trunk Logo 3D Decal for D Base D R Pico Materia Kopen COPEN Esse Altis-in Emblems from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

LED:- 11x6.7cm 4D led car light for Daihatsu Materia Terios Sirion Copen Charade YRV Cuore-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

While you're there, these look amazing and work very very well. I haven't fitted mine to my car yet since I'm waiting to wrap my dashboard, but I've hung it up vertically and thrown my phone at hit. 4/5 throws stuck and held! Auto Car Interior Multi function Mobile Phone Anti slip Mat Pad for Daihatsu Terios Sirion Mira Feroza Charade YRV Materia Copen-in Anti-Slip Mat from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

BRUCE REYNOLDS (GTR) likes this.
  3. BRUCE REYNOLDS (GTR)

BRUCE REYNOLDS (GTR) Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    copen 1.3
    The badge is glued on...get a hair dryer and heat the badge so the glue becomes tacky.then use a a length of nylon string and work it down the underside of the badge...removed my badge using this method very quickly ..then used wd40 to remove glue residue....

Vin Petrol likes this.
  4. DavidMatthewson

Car(s):

Many thanks for that.. I'll give it a go!

5. DavidMatthewson

Car(s):

Many thanks - great to know..

6. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    No need to stick to the Daihatsu badge, we haven't... 20170407_073910.jpg IMG_20160606_105841.jpg

Le Red Noddy likes this.
  7. DavidMatthewson

Car(s):

Nice! - I like the boot rack too - v. smart.