1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body kits - what do people think?

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by machinehead, Nov 11, 2009.

1. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

I hate them. Especially the silly things that boy racers fit to granny type hatchbacks.

But my Copen came with a tiny little body kit on the front, rear and on the sides just in front of the rear wheelarch. I think it looks just fine and subtle and suits the car fine.

You can be honest. What do people think of body kits?

I'll post some pics of mine if someone tells me how.

M.

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I tend to agree, I don't normally like body kits. I think they tend to look like bits of stuck on plastic made out of old margarine tubs. :eek:

However, I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise, and I'd love to see some pictures. It's easy to attach a picture to a reply. Just click on the paperclip at the top of the reply box (see attached picture) and click the browse button on the box that pops up to find and upload the picture you want to attach.

Attached Files:

3. Dave

Dave Copenworld Newbie

I do like some body kits they can add a bit of interest to a car and personalize them a bit. I'd like to see a photo too, I'd definitely consider getting one.

4. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

I'm an old fashinoed kinda guy. In 99% of cases I think they ruin the vehicle!

I buy a car becasue I like the car, not because I then want to make it look like somethign else! The Copen is a rare vehicle and a very beautiful vehicle imo, why change it.

If I wanted to play with body kits etc I'd build a kit car :)

5. machinehead

A variety of opinions there.

As I said above, I mostly hate body kits but the first owner put this little body kit on mine and it looks OK to me. I'm surprised at myself.

I tried to upload some pics but they were too large so I'll have to take a few at a lower resolution and I'll post them soon.

I won't be upset if people don't like it.
    :D

6. lawrysoh

lawrysoh Copenworld Newbie

some bodykits are nice, somehow, original is the best.

7. machinehead

I've got some pics of mine now. Low res versions for emails etc.

Now I only have to work out how to post them on here.

M.