1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware Con Phone Calls

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Nightjar, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Nightjar

Nightjar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Turbo
    Yesterday I got a call on my mobile who ask for me by name and claimed that he was from an insurance company. The bloke claimed that he was phoning about the car accident that I had a while back, when I explained that I had not had a accident for a while, he claimed that it was in 2011 and the other party had admitted that they had been responsible so I was due some money. I was sceptical at one as I did have accident but in 2010 and it was my fault, so I asked the bloke what car was I driving at the time as I have had a few cars, he did not answer my question he just hung up.
    When I told my work colleges about the call one who mother had similar call about a so called car accident even when she had not had any accident and wanting her bank details to pay the money into.
    There are some scum around these days trying to steal from anybody who is too trusting.:mad:

2. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    thanks

Scammers never give up :mad:
    Thanks for the reminder to always be vigilant

3. RHD

RHD Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Saab 9-3
    Callers

Sorry, but surely your more than aware of the knob heads out there just trying to make a quick buck at our expense! Unless I know who's calling I wont answer and if I do answer by accident, I make it quite clear that they should defo not phone me in the most polite way possible.

4. Nightjar

Nightjar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Turbo
    Yes I'am aware of phone scams but if the call had come on my own phone I would not have answered it, but it came on my work phone where I get unknown calls all the time that I have to answer for work purposes.