1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belt guides?

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Buckshot, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Buckshot

Buckshot Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Copen
    2017 Volvo S60 BSR
    A long time ago i saw some custom safetybelt guides in metal i think. Does anyone know if they´re still available and where?

2. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    I bought some from here Belt Guides. They are a bit agricultural in design. I think Daihatsu did another design which is a cast polished design, which looks much nicer, but you would have to import those from Japan.

They guides were not a guarantee of smooth running belts however. I think my main mistake was to follow the advice of someone on here to reverse fit the guides! After trying other improvements, I finally swapping the guides back to their correct sides which resulted in much better running.

The other thing I would recommend, especially if you are tall and have the seat right back is to file open the rear belt fascia panel slots. It's the top section that needs filing down. Just follow the moulding line in the plastic, but file as much plastic away as possible. I actually did most of the filing as scraping with a sharp extendable knife, although there is a slight risk that the knife will skid across the facia finish. Otherwise, very easy with the knife.

3. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Pearlescent White Copen (1.3 K3-VE)
    I have the original cast polished ones I think. But are not much of a big improvement as to how well the belt will roll up

4. Brian S

Brian S Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen with boost controller etc etc,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Burgman 300 with Malossi Variator & straight through exhaust etc.
    I find that I have to run the belt above the belt guides to get a comfortable fit, so I blank the driver's side guide off. I'm only 173cm tall.