Be careful what you spend

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Thenotsocrazycatlady, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Thenotsocrazycatlady

Thenotsocrazycatlady Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Fiat 126 Copen1.3 grey
    Having just had my near perfect copen written off, after having spent over £4000 during ownership sorting out all the rust and bodywork imperfections and renewing all the underneath components, waxoiling and undersealing, I was only offered £5550 as settlement, which is about market value apparently. It is difficult, as in order to preserve and keep nice, what could possibly be a future sought after classic you have to risk throwing money down the drain if somebody rear ends you, which is what happened to me. I've managed to get a replacement, but it too will need the dreaded rust sorting out and waxoiling and undersealing. I suppose we all end up spending more than they are worth just to keep them going but it's a shame that what you've spent on it isn't taken in to consideration for insurance purposes. I suspect that the Copen is too young for classic car insurance and agreed value.

The Frog and Tony like this.
  2. The Frog

The Frog Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2008 Daihatsu Copen
    Ouch! I feel your pain, but at least we’re spending our money on something we love! I’d be livid if anything happened to my copen…