1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Day...

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by shane, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    It started when I got my new boroscope stuck somewhere inside the rear passenger-side quarter panel - I ended up having to give up trying to retrieve it, so I cut the cable and it's going to have to live inside there. Then, as I was trying to take off one of the plastic trim screws that holds the boot carpet in place, I dropped my favourite small screwdriver, which promptly, and unluckily fell inside the box section that goes across the boot where it is impossible to get to it.

Sometimes, you just wish you'd never started...

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    I know that feel, have lost some tools and parts inside hard to reach places and they usually never turn up again :( But how do you lose a boroscope inside a quarter panel? Did it get stuck? :D

shane likes this.
  3. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    Yes, completely stuck - it was one of those cheap USB ones with an LED light on the end and a tiny camera. It went in happily enough but got caught on something inside the panel on the way out - I tried for ages to get it out, but it just wasn't to be.

I wanted to check where I was putting some Dynax s50 to make sure it was hitting the seams. In the end, because I couldn't see in, I just emptied a whole 750ml aerosol in there with one of those dainty little spray tube things - after a while it started coming out of the seams on the wheel-arch and even the back vent of the sill, so I guess I got there in the end.