Bad Customer Service - Woodford Supplier

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bronaldo, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.7
    Hi,

I just thought I'd share what I've experienced/experiencing from the woodford motor company that used to be a Daihatsu dealer.

After I initially sent them an e-mail asking about the price of a wheel cap, service and window washer bottle cap a gentleman sent multiple quotes and explained in detail exactly what was needed.

So I enquired about dates available and other bits and pieces, and asking about the payment process via Phone or e-mail order etc?

My e-mail was clearly meant to be sent to the sales team, but I received the following message from Stephen Fell who works there:

'Wow! Were into the big money here boys!!!'

1) This clearly wasn't meant to be sent to me.

2) Indicates two things to me: They are going to add unnecessary parts on to my quote and therefore indicating unprofessional service and potentially a con.

3) It's insult at small amount I would have to pay for the wheel cap at £10.38 ,which is still unprofessional. Any business is good business.

I'm insulted and shocked and thought it was only right to share this with you all.

So, we got a response:

Hi,

Sorry not meant to be rude I forward your email to the service and parts chaps and I was refereeing to the cost of the part not to your involment in wanting to buy it. Some of the Daihatsu parts are very expensive and even we are often surprised by the prices.

I apologise if you took it the wrong way my comment was not aimed at you and it was sent to you in error.

My apologies once again.

Personally, I don't really think that covers it especially as there are many spelling mistakes, gives the impression it was rushed and not meant.

Really shoddy service.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I know that it is a bit of a trip up the A12 but we have found Cattermoles in Ipswich very helpful, they may be able to post you the wheel cap. We take my Copen there for servicing despite buying it from Woodford as they have always been helpful. I did ask Woodford to get me a touch up paint when I first bought my car and they didn't bother, also both my husband and I are sure we were told it came with a years warranty but when the air con wasn't working after 9 months they insisted it was only 6 months.

My Copen was the one I wanted and a great car at a good price (after they lost the service history and so thought it didn't have one so we negotiated heavily only to find it in the glove box :rolleyes:) so I don't regret buying from them but have never felt the need to return.

If I were you i'd use them for low priced parts and get the more expensive things done elsewhere.

3. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.7
    Yeah I'm truly shocked if I'm honest. Absolutely stunned by the experience. Ipswich is probably too far for me to drive really. But I will definitely see what they can do in terms of parts for postage.

Interesting, I still haven't got an answer from woodford about the parts I wanted..

4. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    They were just having a bit of a laugh in house, don't take it personally.

Some of the phone calls I have between suppliers are pretty satirical to say the least.

Like builders, workshop humour is pretty crude at times.

Don't take offence :)

If customers saw alot of what goes on in the garage industry they would have a fit.

Alot of the staff are not the brightest of people, and often get treated pretty badly as employees so they brighten up their day with crude banter.

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Not appropriate, but you can't blame the lads for a bit of banter between friends.

I have nothing but good things to say about Cattermoles in Ipswich, even after they found out that the tonneau cover hooks in the boot were stupidly expensive. Their postage rates are not horrible either, even to (Republic of) Ireland.

6. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Glad to hear you have shared our experience of Cattermoles, I can't recommend them highly enough, their knowledge, and I have to say 'love', of the copen is all too evident!
    Being a daihatsu dealer previously they have extensive experience of the car and I've not come across them having a problem getting any parts yet... Or getting it to fit their ramp ;)

7. Runners

Runners Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, Series 1 Mazda RX7
    Another vote for cattermoles here. I needed a replacement oil filler cap, and they got one in the next day. The guy was coming to Chelmsford the day after that, so said he would drop it off at his mates paint shop so I could pick it up from there and save on postage costs. There's not many that offer that kind of help for small parts.