1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashtray!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Krusty2fast4u, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Krusty2fast4u

Krusty2fast4u Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen 660t
    Hi guys me again!
    Ok so have stripped most of the interior and have discovered that one of the previous owners has tried to before, all the evidence is there broken clips little bits of damage etc... but they have also broken the ashtray can some please let me know if there is or have a possible replacement or even something else I can replace it with or a little modification to fill the hole? Thanks

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    I'd be interested in any mods that make use of the ashtray space.

3. Krusty2fast4u

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen 660t
    Maybe it mane case of making something myself, I'll post on here anything I come up with!

4. BarnsleyRob

Car(s):
    I thought about one of those small panels where you have a couple of USB charge ports and a voltmeter. This is an example of a mod someone did to a Discovery rear panel. Obviously a different type of install but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Krusty2fast4u likes this.
  5. Krusty2fast4u

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen 660t
    Ok so I've done a little research and have found that many people are turning there ashtrays in to iPhone docking ports so I've decided to go down that route! I still need a replacement ashtray but I will document the build and post it up here for all to see.

6. BarnsleyRob

Car(s):
    That'd be good to see. If you get the bug, perhaps a couple of usable drink holders as well :)

Krusty2fast4u likes this.
  7. Krusty2fast4u

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen 660t
    Trying to find some where to put a cup holder anywhere in these cars is going be a nightmare! There is so little room I'm used to working on Volkswagens the only place I can think is the glove box or maybe cutting a location in the dash but that will take a lot of skill to look professional!

8. BarnsleyRob

Car(s):
    There a VW version that looks like it replaces the ashtray in some of their van type models. Not sure how big they are though. The other alternative is on a JP website and costs an arm and a leg.