1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used Buyee.jp?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alz2605, Nov 13, 2013.

1. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    I've seen a few thing I'd like to buy on Yahoo auctions over in Japan & came across a Buyee.jp which will ship you any of the auctions you'd win for a charge of course.

Has anyone used them? Benefit for me is they let you use PayPal.

Or can you recommend a similar service?

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I recommend using Jesse Streeter, used him a number of times & is a good reliable service, with clear costs upfront.

http://jessestreeter.com/

Just e-mail him with the item you want to bid on, giving your maximum bid amount.
    Or he can buy direct from a shop if you give him the details.
    The part is shipped to him where he will then ship it out to you.
    So you will pay cost of item plus shipping to him, plus international shipping to you. The cost he give's you for international postage is based on an estimated weight of the item. So the actual price could go up or down based on how heavy the parcel actually is.

Remember you will pay import costs on top when the parcel arrives in the UK.

Payment to Jesse is via Paypal.

3. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Thanks. I'll give him a go when I want order a couple of the more expensive items I've spotted.

Is paying customs a certainty on all imports or hit & miss? I've bought a few things from USA & Canada & never had to pay customs.

Is customs based on a % of the price of the item paid or tiered flat rate? I've also read Royal Mail ask for £15 charge too?

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Import tax depends on the value of the parcel. Up to a certain level you are okay. After that they get you.

You didn't hear this from me.. nudge...nudge...wink...wink, but Jesse will put a lower value on the parcel (at your risk) to avoid/reduce the import tax.

Yes Parcel Force charge a fee for handling, can't remember what it was though.

5. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    According to HM Revenue & Customs website:

Customs Charges applicable

£0.01 to £15

No customs duty
    No Import VAT**
    £15.01 to £135

No customs duty
    Import VAT due
    £135.01 and greater

Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9
    Import VAT due.

Don't think there's anything I currently want to order that's above £120 & if an international delivery service is used to my door then Royal Mail or Parcel Force won't be included in the delivery process.

6. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Decided to give Buyee a go with a small item to try them out. Bought some genuine Daihatsu chrome window washer jet covers for around £20 including their service charges. Will have to pay another £13 for postage once the item arrives with them.

Think the forwarding postage is a bit steep but the same item would have cost me £67.57 delivered from Germany!

I'll update when they arrive.

Think I'll use Jesse Streeter for the next few larger items I want to import.

7. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    My package is now in Tokyo International Air Port.

8. MrCopen

MrCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    buyee

Thanks to your information; I have ordered HKS air intake kit.

I have placed my credit card information when I have registered.

Does it go through automatically? I can't find a place where I can pay for it.

9. alz2605

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Yeah think so as I just linked my paypal account to it put didn't need to log into paypal like with eBay to authorise the payment. When they get the item delivered to them they email you & you have to log in to your account to proceed & accept the forwarding shipping charge.

10. Andriyol

Andriyol Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    My recent experience with BUYEE.JP TENSO japanese buying service is awful. What can I say about them is only they are fraud scammers. I received damaged items I bought on Yahoo auction using their service, they hadn't provided any additional packaging besides seller's, however I paid them for additional protective packaging. Also they damaged my item during consolidation, sent it to me in such condition. When I asked them for partial refund they claimed that I have not proved their fault.
    So, I DO NOT RECOMMEND using their service to anyone!

11. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I've used Jesse about a dozen times, and have only had one issue - his warehouse accidentally sent to wrong item to me because both myself and another of his customers are called Nick.

Seeing as the Latin characters are very different to Japanese, I'd bet this was the case :)

12. Brad

Brad Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2002 Copen, 1999 Dodge 3/4 Ton Ram, 2002 Gino, 1999 Harley Davidson Sportster
    I understand I'm eight years late to this post but I just bought my Copen this spring and I'm looking for some mods, easy upgrades from the factory look, etc. I'm living in Japan and I've had no trouble with the quality of the products I've ordered, shipping, receiving my purchased items, etc.