Anyone had any Copen crime?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Randy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Randy

Randy Copenworld Newbie

Hi, all.

Just purchased my Copen and I`m new to the forum. I`m wondering wether to install some kind of security device but i`m unsure if criminals have any interest in what the Copen has to offer.

The Tyres & wheels are far too small and unpopular to sell on and the stereo (the basic Clarion CD) isn`t worth much on the black market.

Then of course there`s the car itself.. not one for joyriders I imagine.

Has anyone been a victim of crime whilst having your Copen.

Thanks

--2006 Copen, Silver--

2. Jezza

Jezza Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen and Hijet
    Hi mate, I wondered those very same things myself. So far i've been lucky and not had any problems. I think all the scrotes here in Essex just laugh at mine and show more interest in my neighbours M3's and VW Gti's, all the best Jez:)

3. Randy

Randy Copenworld Newbie

I`m thinking of fitting a device that i`ve had on my last 3 cars... I don`t bother with alarms as when they go off the damage has been done.

It`s a sensor in the car that pages me (Within a mile) if someone looks through the window or gets too close. I think I could get it too work with the top down too.

It`s saved me a couple of times in the past.. (Including once when someone sneaked past the car to try nick a garden gnome):p

4. lamster

lamster Copenworld Member

dents

the only crime I've had is a few dents from people bumping thier doors into my car and leaving small dents. Our cars are prone to side dents like this, now days I tend to avoid parking in tight sopts or next to 4WD cars.

5. Sardine

Sardine Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen only
    Hi Randy,

That seems interesting. Are these devices available off the peg?

I have had repeated problems with self tappers put under our copens wheels. It`s depressing but we have to check tyres every time we leave home. Cops say it`s almost certainly a jelous neighbour.

Regards,

Sardine.

6. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Oh, that's charming... :( It would almost be worth installing a webcam or a CCTV. Randy's idea is a good one, too.

And there I was innocently assuming that our Copens were far too distinctive and easily spotted to be the targets of criminals.

You can't have anything nice nowadays without being somebody's target, it seems.

*mumble mumble when I were a lass mumble mumble...*

7. Pheeble

Pheeble Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Yes
    It's not uncommon to return to our car having been moved by drunken idiots :rolleyes:

8. Randy

Randy Copenworld Newbie

It`s not exactly off the shelf. I`m an auto electrician. I compine a 2-stage microwave sensor with a pager (normally has a range of about 1-2 miles if uninterupted. I designed it myself using a relay. Parts are less than £100...

9. Randy

Randy Copenworld Newbie

lol :d :d :d