1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another noob !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dirk Thrust, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Dirk Thrust

Dirk Thrust Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, Honda Civic Type-R (FK2)
    So circumstances dictated that we needed a small, sensible and cheap second car... and we bought a Copen instead !

I think that looking at an endless list of dull, characterless econoboxes turned us off and when I pointed at a Copen online, our little boy almost lost his breakfast in excitement at the idea of being driven to school in one.

A couple of weeks later and we’re the proud owners of ‘Dobby’ (as he has named ‘his’ car), though I’m not quite sure he was ready for the attention it gets on the school run !

I confess I’m loving it, even though it’s 250hp down on our other car, it just reminds me of the “real” minis I used to drive, rust ‘n’ all (but much better equipped...) and I’ve started drawing up the list of ‘maintenance’ parts I need to convince SWMBO that we need... can’t wait to get back into some wrenching again.

Have read through pretty much all the forums and you seem like a great community, so looking forwards to being a part of it !

Oh, and if anyone has a spare intake pipe (the resin one that one side of the engine cover bolts to which feeds into the throttle body) going cheap, gimme a shout !

Brad, AFR0N1 and Funksterhardtop like this.
  2. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Happy driving and smiling : )