1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MJM80, May 25, 2010.

1. MJM80

MJM80 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Black 53 plate
    Ford Fiesta
    Hi,
    Martin here. I have just bought my first Copen today. Didn't know what one was until last Saturday when I spotted this on a forecourt. Quick test drive and I fell in love. She's a 2003 model in Black with Red Leather interior. Hope to collect at the weekend and try it in the Norfolk countryside.

Looking forward to getting tips from the experts and maybe meeting up with fellow owners.

Martin M

2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Well-done Martin and welcome,

Fingers crossed it is dry for the weekend.

Rex.

3. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Welcome Martin,

If you're anything like I was when I got my Copen, You'll do about 400 miles over the weekend. Especially if it's sunny.:)

M.

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    That's a very similar story to mine....bought one very quickly after first seeing one.....and then I started this site!

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy using the site.

5. MJM80

MJM80 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Black 53 plate
    Ford Fiesta
    Hi Rex,
    Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed too. How do I view the handbook in the directory section?

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Rushmere is the expert - but as I understand it, as long as you are logged in, it should down load when you click the picture in the 'Directory' tab. Make sure you have a PDF reader installed on your PC. When it has opened you can save it to your PC.

Happy Copening

Rex.

7. MJM80

MJM80 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Black 53 plate
    Ford Fiesta
    I've now owned my Copen for 1 rather wet day and it's the best fun I've had with my clothes on. Once it dries up it may turn out to be the best fun period.

8. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Yesterday we had a drive from Belfast (N. Ireland) up to the north coast near Derry, east along the coast, then south back to Belfast. Roof down all the way. A lot of the drive is within a few metres of the shore and it's really beautiful.

What a way to travel!! You'll love it.

M.

9. MJM80

MJM80 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Black 53 plate
    Ford Fiesta
    Sunday was dry so I managed a couple of hours around the Norfolk fens. Not as scenic as the Irish coast (envious) but it let me get used to the car on country roads. I just love the handling - it is so precise and the power is enough to have fun without being lethal. I had an MR2 Mk1 a while back, great car but on damp roads it did occasionally try to spit you out of corners backwards.

M

10. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    That's exactly right. So long as you've posted at least one message, and you've been a member of the site for at least 24 hours, you should be able to download. Let me know if you have any problems.