1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another jb det user..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jb-det, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jb-det

jb-det Copenworld Newbie

Kuala Lumpur
    Malaysia
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copenworld.com

re; introduction of myself

i, as a jb-det engine user from KL, Malaysia would love to get
    to know all the forummers from all over the world, different colors of skin, different modifications, gender bla,bla,bla,blablablabalaba.....

technically i dont have a copen (compact + open), but i do have the same engine series with copen (which is mix part of JB-jl + Jb det + Jc det) which is inside the perodua kancil aka Nippa (in UK) or Mira (L2xx & L5xx series) in Japon..

i wish i can gain extra info and 'craziness' of modifications from all around the world jb det user.

just to share something, im glad because
    1) in here theres a japanese book store named kinokuniya (www.kinokuniya.com) so that we have a references about jb det itself, and i do have so many collections on these k-cars magazine from 1998 and special edition on copen from gakken mook publisher from japan # 99, 114 (the latest one # 144 - if im not mistaken, dont have time to buy), but sadly we dont have copen here except only 4 units in here (they brought directly from japan - secondhand car) and its too expensive.
    2) we do have importers who bring the scrapped cars+ parts , so that we still enjoy those branded aftermarkets parts like Cross by take off, j-mode, d-sport, pal-sports, blitz, ARC, kc-technica, greddy blablabla (just to name a few...) with cheaper price compared to the new ones.

thats all for now, i wish i do have time to post some of the pictures here, especially the engine itself. baseline, just to get to know each other and to know the modifications scene in other place.

have a great weekends
    regards

jb-det

p/s; technically i'll be in Belgium in yearly basis (spend one month or more visiting my friends), so maybe we can see each other in real life...

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello jb-det, welcome to the copenworld site.

It's a real shame that you can't get a Copen in Kuala Lumpur, but interesting to hear that you use the same engine series. It would be good to see some pictures of your car. Have you done lots of modifications?

3. jb-det

jb-det Copenworld Newbie

turbocharger
    greddy TD04-11B, with banana exhaust manifold
    ARC intercooler
    Unichip Q+
    auto juwell exhaust with 2" piping
    DEFI -boost, exhaust n water temp meters
    greddy type s dump valve
    rebored throttle body
    3 puck exedy clutch plate
    braided hose
    NGK cable plug
    rebored to 65.5mm piston (standard 61.0mm)
    running boost 1.2- 1.6 bar

another car
    stroker kit JC det (713cc)
    RHF5 turbocharger with pal sports banana
    unichip Q+
    greddy type s dumb valve
    DRS clucth plate
    braided hose + project u (miu) pad
    water and methanol inj
    running boost 1.6bar

thats the major modifications
    (im sure there's a long list then - too sleepy hahha now 0215hrs)

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Wow, it sounds like you've done a lot of work! :)

5. jb-det

jb-det Copenworld Newbie

and still working on it!

two engine block had blown currently hahaha
    and this one is the 3rd one
    -LOL-

by the way, we are x-racer in malaysian super series (MSS)
    these days no longer kcar category due to the organizer dont pay the fees to sepang international circuit..(poor us!)

6. iamkkool

iamkkool Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen l880k
    i have a copen with the jb-det engine i want to know the best clutch kit to use for city drive and street racing

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. Christian Rey Dano

Christian Rey Dano Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen and l701
    Hi what piston and rods are you using? And based on your specs how much power is the car pushing? Thanks! I just got a copen and its currently tuned to 92hp and im planning to extract more power out of it and i saw your post so def interested with your one!

8. iamkkool

iamkkool Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen l880k
    @Christian Rey Dano which copen do you have andwhat mods have been done to your copen? would love to know what mods you have to achieved the 92hp