1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Copen found a new owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Henk van Setten, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Henk van Setten

Henk van Setten Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen 0.7T
    Hi everyone,

I'm from the Netherlands and, anticipating a wonderful spring season, just bought a 2004 Copen (with the small Kei engine) to use as my second car, just for fun. It's a silver grey one with red leather seats and 69000 km (43000 miles) on the odometer. The previous owner, who had it for 9 years, also used it as her second car and because she has a garage, it still looks like new.

According to the Dutch car licenses administration, there are only 287 Copens registered in the entire country. So I've got myself something that's not just cute, but also special. I hope maintenance and repairs will not be too much of a problem (will try one of the former Daihatsu dealers for service).

In case you wonder what my other car is, it's a 2010 Nissan Cube. As a quirky box-on-wheels this one is mainly comfortable and practical, so my reasoning was that the Copen will give me everything that my Cube can't, and the other way around. There are only 202 Cubes registered in the Netherlands, so actually it's even more rare than the Copen! Yes, I do have a weak spot for truly Japanese design.

My first reason to join this site was that the previous owner of my Copen somehow managed to lose her owners manual. She promised to search her home for it, but of course I want to download one from internet anyway. I saw there's a manual for the later 1.3 Copen available here, and I guess there are enough similarities to make it useful in my case.

But of course what I would really want (if the lost one doesn't turn up) is to get my hands on an original owners manual for a 2004-2005 small-engine Copen. Found several old Daihatsu manuals offered on Ebay, but none for the first-edition Copen. If anyone knows where I could buy one, I would really appreciate the tip!

Wishing you all the same wonderful springtime,
    Henk

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi, welcome to Copenworld! I am sure you will love driving your Copen.

Once you have posted a few messages on here and been a member for a few days you will be able to download a manual for a .659 engined Copen, just look in the resources section.

Adam K, who has posted on here a lot, sold his Copen to buy a Nissan Cube :wasntme: check out his profile picture.

3. Henk van Setten

Henk van Setten Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen 0.7T
    That's funny! His Cube looks just like mine (white, same cube-design wheels) only it has a lot more stickers on it - Cube stickers? Mondrian-inspired? I put one Danbo sticker (a very cubist Japanese mango character) on my Cube's rear window. A bit of a cult car, you know, so you need to demonstrate that you are aware of the cult ;-)

Probably I won't put a sticker on my Copen. Cult car too, I suppose - otherwise this very site probably wouldn't exist - but maybe a Copen feels just too small for stickers? Do some typical "Copen club stickers" even exist?

Oh, and thanks for welcoming me here!

Henk

i