1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

almost a Copen owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Binz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    Hi everyone

after spending time trying to work out what car would be fun as a replacement for my Ibiza I have now shaken hands and paid deposit on a copen (1.3 2007, silver with red leather), It's having service and MOT before I pick it up so hopefully will be with me mid-week.

Although there were more powerful cars on my list (such as MR2 and MGTF) the Copen has more character and I know that quicker isn't necessarily more fun; while small, cheeky and agile can be (I used to have a hillman imp).

so is there a name for Copen drivers? Are they called Copenauts?

Binz

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Binz, Welcome to Copenworld. Congratulations on your purchase.
    Copenauts! :D
    I like it.

3. Earthdweller

Earthdweller Copenworld Newbie

Or Copenuts:D

4. Tiff

Tiff Copenworld Newbie

Copenauts! Brilliant! If we weren't called that before (new owner myself) it gets my vote.:D

5. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    cheers.

latest on my car is that i should have it tomorrow. It had MOT and service done yesterday and now just needs boot leak fixing. Thanks to this forum (https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=759) I was able to point them direct to the brake light; they've tried silicon (didn't work) and have now ordered a new seal from Daihatsu. At least all this rain has showed the leak before I bought the car.

6. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    :) YAY! Got my Copen this afternoon and it's great. Fun round the lanes, great steering, feels like a go kart (but you all know that aready of course) also did a few miles of motorway and it cruised at 70ahem with no worries.
    Still to get used to revving it (previous car cruised around at 1.5-2K rpm) plus how little it is (parked next to a micra and the micra looked huge).

am sitting here one very happy bunny