1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tazach, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Tazach

Tazach Copenworld Newbie

Has anyone here tried to disable the passenger seat airbag?
    is there any button to do so?
    I wanted to put a carseat for my son, and hoping to find a way to diable the airbag.

Thanks

2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello Tazach,
    Looking at the owners manual, it does not seem possible to disable the passenger airbag (page 3-12). In fact, it goes a lot further, saying "Do not put an infant or child seat in the front seat" (where are they supposed to sit? In the boot? - Maybe not). Page 3-10 is basically saying children under 13 should not travel in the Copen! :eek:

Our son is 21 - so no problem there, :rolleyes: but it would be interesting to find out what other Copen owners have done in the past.... Can this no kids rule really be true? :think:

Rex.

P.S. The owners manual can be found in the 'directory' tab of this site.

3. Tazach

Tazach Copenworld Newbie

Thanks for reply Rex.

I was going through the Japanese Manual ( Which I could not read), there is a picture of a reversed car seat with an X on top, this I assume means no reverse carseat.
    Below that is a picture with the carseat facing front, with no X on top of it.... so I am assuming that is ok..... I could not read the writing , so if anyone know anything about this, please let me know.

P.S. I try to download the english manual in the directory page, but couldn't click on anything. Do I need to do anything first to download it?

4. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Tazach,
    Make sure you are logged in. The manual is in pdf format. I just click on the picture of the manual and IE opens a new tab and starts to download.

Hope this helps.

Rex.

5. FullMetalCopen

FullMetalCopen Copenworld Member

Just something regarding the Airbag. If I were to change steering wheel, can the air bag at the steering wheel still be used if fitted in again?

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I don't know the answer, but I would think not.
    Either way, it sounds like a question for a dealer. As well as safety,there could be an issue with insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't like to do it unless I was 100% sure it was okay.

Rex.